Thursday, May 5, 2016

Dr. Dorthy I. Height

This past week on April 19, 2010 Dr. Dorthy I. Height passes away at Howard University Hospital at the age 98. She was best know as the president of the National Counsel of Negro Women, but that was only one of her many titles. To many she was a leader, a mother, community activist, and a friend to all she can in contact with.

On the day of Dr. Height’s passing I created a fan site on Facebook and in the few days that it has been up there have been over 1600 other people leaving their thoughts and condolences. As a simple white guy from the Midwest I have admired the life of Dr. Height and from that admiration of I would volunteer for the Black Family Reunion every year that I could. When at the Black Family Reunion I would sneak over to the VIP tent to say hello. For me she was a grand-mother, a friend, and leader from this I was inspired to set up this page as an expression of my love and respect. Little did I know that over 1600 people would join in on this site to share their thoughts and appreciation for her contributions she has made to life.


No comments:

Post a Comment