Tuesday, January 6, 2015

GOMER PILE



I grew up watching classic TV shows like I Love Lucy, Leave It To Beaver, and Andy Griffith I still watch them today but there is one show I have not seen. Since the military repealed don't ask don't tell. I have yet to see a rerun of Gomer Pile. Is this some kind of conspiracy theory? That they don’t want us to know that there has been a gay man in the Marines all this time.

As you read that I hope you understood it. I did it for a bit in my stand up, and there was nothing and I found that disappointing. But it made me understand the expanse between generations and how the younger generation don't understand there was sitcoms before the 80's and they didn't have to rely on jokes on sex.

Most times I have to explain the joke and it looses something when you have to explain a joke. Sad world we live in.        

No comments:

Post a Comment