Saturday, January 31, 2015

96 Olympic Games (20 Years Latter)

In 1996 I got the chance to leap out of my comfort zone of Iowa and travel to another part of the country. But when growing up in Iowa and not traveling any where out side of the Quad Cities would be considered another world of foreign land.
I say this because this was my first time I went to Atlanta for the 96 Olympic Games. But this is not about looking back to my experience of going to that event. A reminiscing moment happen a few days ago.
Every year I work the BET Honors this is the one week of the year that makes me feel that the seven years I worked to to get my bachelors degree was worth it. It was at the 2015 BET Honors that I got to meet Dr. Johnetta Betsch Cole, Ph.D. she received the BET Honor for education. Twenty years latter I got the chance to tell her that after the 96 Olympic Games I wrought her a letter thanking her for letting those people who worked the games to stay on Spelmen College campus.
She was a joy to talk to in that few moments I look forward to corresponding with her more in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment