Thursday, January 16, 2014

Named by the Nurse

I was born June 14, 1968 to no real fain fair … that I know of. The one thing my mom told me that during my birth I went back up in. Don't know if this was some thing I did or what my mother did.
She would demonstrate the event with the Welches Squeezable jelly bottle. She would squeeze it and just as the jelly was about to come out she would stop squeezing the bottle and the jelly would go back inside. Yes I am trying to put my head around that too.

To the real reason of this post still, how I got my named. It is symple really, the nurse named me. The back story is that the head nurse of the doctor who dilvered me had crush on a guy named Thomas John. I don't know if any thing came of the nurse and Thomas John. But to no fault of my own  I am know as Tom Dooley, and yes I know about the song so you don't have to remind me by singing it. But I do wish Carrel King had but that is another story.

Here are some links just so you don't have to ask me about Tom Dooley:
Tom_Dooley_(song) Wikipedia
Tom_Dooley or Dula

I just learned the irony of this is Tom Dooley died in 1868 and I was born 1968.

No comments:

Post a Comment